| The Chum Bucket - WCF
Fishing for answers one point at a
- I don't think a break could have been any longer. Let's
hope the Sharks didn't rust over during that six days off.
- Vancouver seems so long ago. Canadian gold medalists now
become mortal enemies.
- Everyone keeps talking abut Dustin Byfuglien for some
reason. Patrick Kane is the guy the Sharks need to contain. The less-than
fleet-footed Sharks defense will have their hands full.
- Kane has scored once every 5 shots in the playoffs. Don't
let him shoot.
- Speaking of Kane, remember to tip your cabbies well this
- On paper, the Sharks 3rd and 4th lines blow Chicago's out
of the water. Let's hope this series comes down to the 3rd and 4th
- It'll be interesting to see how Chicago netminder Antti
Niemi deals with the Sharks offense, seeing that he's never played them before.
Cristobal Huet was in net for Chicago for all four games between the two teams
- On the goaltender front, Evgeni Nabokov brings a
different style than Pekka Rinne and Roberto Luongo, the two goalies that
Chicago faced in rounds one and two. Nabokov isn't as tall as either of those
two goaltenders. Does that mean more agility? Let's hope so.
- Chicago's 16th ranked power play during the regular
season, ranks 7th in the playoffs behind Philadelphia and 5 teams that are no
longer in the hunt. San Jose ranks 10th, which is the lowest of the remaining
four teams in the hunt for a Cup.
- For those of you finally over the nightmare that was that
7-2 loss to the Hawks back in November, Chicago has scored three short-handed
goals in the playoffs. San Jose has none during the 2nd season.
- The Sharks have been providing no shortage of bulletin
for the Boston Bruins. When asked if he watched the Bruins
game 7 loss on Friday night, former Bruins captain Joe Thornton gave the quote
circulating the news wire. "Well, I turned it on about halfway in the first. It
was 3-0. I thought, Oh, Game 2 is going to be at 6:00, not 7. Halfway in the
second, I turned it back on, 3-3. I was like, Wow, poor guys. But who cares
Right, who cares?
- The absolute lamest title for an article on the Sharks
this season: "San Jose seeking a Sharkshank Redemption" Thanks Vancouver Sun
- Dangerous stat of the day: Jonathan Toews has a nine-game
playoff scoring streak.
- I'm still a little stunned at Dan Rusanowsky's call that
ended Game 5 of the Detroit series. "The Sharks have stuck a stake into the
vampire that is the Detroit Red Wings!" Wow!
- One of the Sharks upcoming opponents has had a lot on his
mind during the playoffs. Read about Troy Brouwer's story
- My prediction for the series? I don't make predictions
any more...and I can't change them once their in writing!
|What did you think of
this article? Post your comments on the Feeder Forums