| The Chum Bucket - Semi
Fishing for answers one point at a
- Dan Boyle atoned for his playoff gaff by scoring the next
game. Patrick Marleau gets his chance to make up for his missed empty-netter vs
Detroit in the 2007 playoffs.
- Shut down Datsyuk and Zetterberg and you'll have a shot.
It wasn't like anyone else in red was scoring in round 1.
- Jimmy Howard's 2.59 GAA in the first round may have the
Sharks licking their chops.
- As the power play goes, so will go the Sharks. Their
19.2% conversion rate from round 1 won't cut it in the conference
- The fact that none of the big three have done an
interview since the end of the Avalanche series is a bit suspect.
- Brad Stuart returning to HP Pavilion as a playoff
opponent is one story line that will get overblown by every media outlet under
- It'll be interesting to see Stuart try and play a
physical game against the Sharks. The hits will be entertaining, just not sure
who will get the worse end of that deal.
- The Sharks playoff misery really spawned in that 2007
series. Here is the entire organization's chance to take the next step at
becoming an elite team. Or two steps backward as the butt of every choke joke
you can think of.
- To be the best, you gotta beat the best. San Jose, here
is your chance.
- No word on Ortmeyer's status for Game 1. All signs point
to no Jed.
- Niklas Wallin will most likely see ice time in Game 1,
but I'm not sure he's a better alternative to Demers at this point.
- The matchups that will determine this series: Clowe -
Holmstrom, Pavelski - Filppula, HTM - Lidstrom & Rafalski. Expect nothing
but Malhotra and Nichol whenever Zetterberg and Datsyuk are on the
- San Jose needs to turn the tables on Detroit by playing
smash-mouth hockey. Douglas Murray will either dictate play in the middle or be
- The over / under on octupi on HP Pavilion ice is 4 in the
series. Can I just say that while some may call it a hockey tradition, I think
it's moronic. Hopefully all fishmongers in the valley hide their inventory
through Monday morning.
- Sharks setup this ambush perfectly by going 1-1-2 against
Detroit during the regular season. Here's hoping an overconfident Red Wings
squad heads back to Detroit down 0-2 on Sunday night.
- There will be no Game 1 with more on the line for San
Jose than the one that will be played on home ice Thursday night.
|What did you think of
this article? Post your comments on the Feeder Forums