| The Chum Bucket - Pre Game
Fishing for answers one point at a time
- Unless the Avalanche make it to June, it's safe to say
that Peter Mueller's season is over.
- Milan Hejduk did not accompany the team to San Jose for
Game 5. Does Milan mean "soft" in Czech?
- Ocular disruption? No wonder there's no traffic in front
of Anderson. Nobody can understand a thing Remenda is saying!
- It'll be interesting to see how long Pavelski, Setoguchi
and Clowe can keep this up. They've been nothing short of fantastic through
- If the Flyers can lose Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne AND
take a two-game lead in their series, the Sharks should be able to deal without
- Interesting article in this week's Sports Illustrated
about the Sharks and the absence of the Big Three. They've dubbed them the "Zip
Line", as in zip on the score sheet.
- Some of the best playoff hickey in years and the league
gets to deal with a steroid scandal. Way to catch up to the rest of the sports
- Down on the farm, the Worcester Sharks disposed of Lowell
on Wednesday night with a 5-1 pounding. Benn Ferriero had a pair of goals
including a shortie. Division Finals start Sunday against
- Look for Kevin Porter to return to the lineup and the 2nd
line on Thursday night. Marek Svatos filled that spot in Game 4.
- Devin Setoguchi has taken 28 shots on net through the
first four games.
- The Denver Post reported that both Niclas Wallin and Jed
Ortmeyer are nursing lower-body injuries.
- Avalanche head coach Joe Sacco told reporters on
Wednesday that he benched Ryan Wilson in Game 4 because he, "wasn't playing the
game he needed to play." Thanks for that insight Joe.
- When asked if he was tired because of all the overtime
games in teh series, Colorado defenseman told reporters, "I was tired ten years
ago!" Don't let him fool you. This series would have been over in 5 games if
the Sharks had a guy like Foote to whip things up from the back
- Only a handful of Sharks practiced on Wednesday, after
head coach Todd McLellan made it an optional affair. Practices are closed to
the public for the remainder of the playoffs in case you were itching to see
the boys between games.
- If you're looking for a pick me up, be sure to catch
Denver Post columnist Mark Kiszla's latest
of art. The Avalanche are in the midst of a possible first round upset, but
somehow Carmelo Anthony gets a mention.
- Those attending Game 5 will be greated with a bright
t-shirt at the front door. Isn't Denver the home of the Orange
|What did you think of
this article? Post your comments on the Feeder Forums