| Game 7 Notes
Series quick hits
4/22/08 - By Mike
- Ryane Clowe went ballistic at the beginning of the 3rd
period after Jim Vandermeer slashed Joe Thornton, then punched Clowe after the
Sharks winger skated over to voice his displeasure with the Flames defenseman.
- Roenick's 4 point night tied Mike Ricci's team record, set April 28,
1999 vs. Colorado.
- The 2nd period outburst of goals tied a franchise
record for playoff goals in a period at home. They also scored 4 goals against
the Flames on May 16, 2004 during the 2004 Western Conference Finals.
- Roenick has 6 goals in 6 career Game 7's
- Patrick Marleau attributed
team play to the team's success in Game 7. "Having everybody going, desperation
hockey and having everyone playing together was the biggest thing."
Devin Setoguchi scored his first ever playoff goal in the second period.
Setoguchi now has a goal and an assist in four post season games.
"There's nothing more you can say about Jeremy Roenick," said Setoguchi. "He's
a great player. He comes to play. He plays with passion. He's a leader on and
off the ice for us. He was big in our game tonight, and it was an honor to be
out there with him on the ice."
- Joe Pavelski has recorded points in
six of the seven games in the series.
- "It feels great, but it's one win," said Pavelski.
"We're going to enjoy this one, but we know there's a lot ahead of us."
- Tuesday night's game may have been the end of the line for several
veterans. Craig Conroy and Curtis Joseph are both unrestricted free agents.
- Former Sharks captain Owen Nolan showed that he still has some gas
left in the tank. Nolan will also be an unrestricted free agent, but he'll
likely sign with someone this summer. San Jose perhaps? Nolan made $1.75
million this past season.
- The Flames will have to decide on several
other UFAs, including Daymond Langkow, Kristian Huselius, Stephane Yelle, Mark
Smith, Eric Nystrom, Eric Godard, David Hale, and Jim Vandermeer.
|What did you think of
this article? Post your comments on the